Southampton Jobs Fair Local
Southampton Jobs Fair Local is a continuing initiative led by the Employment and Skills team at Southampton City Council to give people the opportunity for face to face engagement with handpicked employers who are willing to support individuals into employment. These events are supportive and friendly and are a real chance for you to find employment, as well as get support from local organisations and training providers.
Our Jobs Fairs are free for people to attend and free for employers to exhibit at. If you are an employer who would like to exhibit at one of our future Jobs Fairs, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Our next Jobs Fair is: Monday 16th July 2018 at the Grand Harbour Hotel, in partnership with Southampton City Council’s Employment Support Team, the Education Development Trust and Department for Work and Pensions.
Fuller Working Lives Careers Event
Monday 16th July 2018 10am-3pm
Where: Grand Harbour Hotel, West Quay Road, Southampton, SO15 1AG
Over 45? Would you like to retrain, regain or remain in employment to achieve a more financially secure future?
As the UK workforce ages and fewer younger people enter the labour market, employers will increasingly need to rely on the skills and experience of older workers if they are to remain competitive, increase productivity and growth, and avoid skills shortages in the future.
While there are more people aged 50+ in work than ever before, there are still significant numbers of people over the age of 50 leaving their jobs prematurely; a decision that can affect them both financially and socially.
On Monday 16th July 2018, a Fuller Working Lives Careers Event will be held from 10am-3pm at the Grand Harbour Hotel, West Quay Road, Southampton SO15 1AG.
We would love you to join us and help you to retrain, regain or remain in employment to achieve a more financially secure future.
At this event, you will also have the opportunity to participate in free workshops to help improve your employability skills. If you’d like to sign up for a workshop, please state in your registration which workshops you would like to attend. The workshops are:
10:30am Transferable Skills Workshop
- What is meant by transferable skills in relation to work & learning
- Different Ways to identify transferable skills
- How to use transferable skills in your job search & career planning
- How to research your career ideas in more detail
11:30am Create a Winning CV Workshop
- To give you the confidence to build, update and tailor your own CV
- Understand how to identify and promote your own skills and experiences to apply for jobs
- Understand what employers are looking for when screening CVs from job applicants
12:30pm Preparing for Job Search
- Understand what employers are looking for
- How to prepare yourself for effective job searching
- How to identify your strengths
- How to strengthen your CV
- Understand the importance of good interview skills
1:30pm What can I do about my pension?
- How do I find out more about my State pension?
- What kind of pensions have I got?
- How do I find out what I can do with my pension?
- How can I plan for my retirement and make sure that I have enough?
Confirmed Employers and Organisations so far:
- Southern Health
- Old Mutual Wealth
- University Hospital Southampton
- DoubleTree Hilton
- The Point Theatre
- Paultons Park
- Hiller Garden Centres
- Lambert Brothers
- MacIntyre Charity
- Hebron Court
- Lifeways Group
- Home Instead Senior Care
- SCC Early Years / Family Information Service
- Pathfinder Personnel
- Ordnance Survey
- Total Security Services
- Arlington Fleet
- Lendrums Driving School
- National Careers Service
- Southampton Healthy Homes
- DWP and Enterprise Allowance Work Coaches
- Pension Wise
- Brockenhurst College
- Totton College
- City College
- PITMAN Training Centre
- SCC Arts and Heritage Team
- Open Sight
- Southampton Sight
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Priority Services Register
- Southampton Healthy Living
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Please find information about transport links and parking by clicking here: http://www.southampton.gov.uk/roads-parking/parking/default.aspx
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions about the event, or are unable to register using Eventbrite, please contact WPHILLIPS@educationdevelopmenttrust.com
What should I bring to the event?
You will be meeting with employers face to face so make sure you come dressed appropriately. It would also be a good idea to bring some copies of your CV and covering letter to give out to employers.
I am an employer who would like to exhibit, who should I contact?
Employers for this event have already been invited, but if you would like to exhibit at future events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about some of our previous Jobs Fairs, please visit our Previous Events Page
Take a look at some films about our previous events: