Adult Learning opportunities can increase your skills to support you into work, enable you to gain qualifications, help you to meet new friends or simply find new hobbies or interests. Southampton City Council supports a wide range of community partners to deliver hundreds of adult learning courses across the City.
More information about our partners, the types of learning activities they offer and how to contact them can be found in this document:
Many of the council’s funded courses are targeted at specific learners. You can find out about other part-time and leisure courses available locally through:
- Discover Southampton – lists a wide variety of courses and classes
- Local colleges usually run adult education classes and leisure courses, for example Southampton City College, Richard Taunton College, Itchen College and Eastleigh College
- The National Careers Service has a course search option for courses funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency
- Hot courses is a national website where you can search for courses by subject and location
- Noticeboards in libraries, community centres and shops often have details of local courses
- Information about local language classes is available here
If you are interested in finding out about learning activities and new courses, why not sign up to our Community Learning newsletter? Choose Community Learning in the Stay Connected subscription topics list.