Getting A Job
Whether you’ve finished studying, you want some extra money while you study or you’ve decided that learning isn’t for you, you can use some of these websites to boost your CV and interview skills, and search for vacancies.
- The Guardian website offers good careers advice and offers up-to-date careers news and job vacancies. It also shares tips on writing your CV and improving your interview technique
- Careers Box is filled with careers related films, information and options. It gives young people a great insight into different careers
- Job Zoo allows you to search for relevant careers information through job descriptions, facts and articles. It also includes a CV creator and job hunting advice to help you with finding work, getting experience and approaching employers.
- Fast Tomato helps you to find out which jobs and careers might suit you based on your individual interests, learning styles and expectations
- All About Careers lets you explore, search and understand more about each career family
- Total professions links to over 300 careers, allowing you to research your dream job and check current vacancies
- The Big Choice helps young professionals find jobs and careers. It is split into sections for graduate jobs, apprenticeships, student jobs and placements/Internships
- job applications detail on top companies recruitment procedures along with vacancy information and the application forms.
- Website of the month: getmyfirstjob once you’re signed up this has a useful local search + CV template and job search skills. It also includes great resources for education, eg exam revision timetable