Finishing compulsory education when you’re 18 is an exciting time and there are lots of different options to help you pursue your ideal career.
Not yet at level 3? Increase your options by continuing at FE College. Look on the post 16 page for local learning.
If you know what career you want to pursue, you might be able to get a qualification while you are in paid work. You can do a Higher or Degree Apprenticeship in a range of different jobs, without the tuition fees.
- The government website advertises apprenticeships available across the UK. Search by occupation and postcode
- The Association for Learning Providers in Hampshire and The Isle of Wight lists the apprenticeship training providers locally
- Degree Apprenticeships – gain a degree from Level 4 to 7 or a Bachelor’s or Master’s without the costs
- Check out our Apprenticeships page for more information
For anyone 18 and over
- UCAS Course search, entry requirements and more. This is your one stop site.
- Which University helps you look at what to study, where to go and how to get there
- The Southern Universities Network helps you to find outreach activities to support you to engage in Higher Education in the south.
- The Scholarship Hub the place to find funding for UK/EU under and post graduate study + Degree Apprenticeship schemes. Provides detail on thousands of scholarships, awards and bursaries designed to widen access to Universities.
Rate My Placement – search and apply for internships and paid placements in the UK
Target Jobs – job search and internship website for graduates
Prospects – find jobs and postgraduate study
Supported internships for young people with education, health and care plans at City College Southampton
- Southampton Jobs Bulletin – a fortnightly summary of jobs, volunteering and apprenticeship opportunities in and around Southampton
- The government website allows you to search for jobs by occupation and postcode
- If you need support finding work, perhaps one of our Employment Support Team’s projects can help you. Find out more: Help Finding Work
- Popular Job Search sites – see our list of popular job searching websites
- My Way In Campaign – stories and advice from the DWP
- Do-it offers information about volunteering opportunities
- Southampton Voluntary Services provide a drop in for volunteering advice as well as an up to date list of voluntary jobs in the city