Where can a subject take me?
If you’re not sure what you want to do, you may like to look at where your favourite subjects could take you.
- https://www.history.org.uk/student/resource/2914/careers-in-history looking at how to combine a love of history with a career for the future – its not just about working in museums!
- http://www.geography.org.uk/resources/careers/getstarted this page gives links to resources for teachers as well as giving an insight into the various careers Geography study can lead to.
- http://www.studyreligion.org/where/index.html a word of caution that this is a US site – however the basic premise is global and makes interesting reading for looking at the benefits of studying Religion
- http://www.physics.org/careers.asp?contentid=381 with job profiles for a range of careers, some obviously linked to physics, others not so obvious! a good starting point for those deciding about further physics study.
- http://www.rsc.org/careers/future/ it is always useful to have job profiles to inspire and this site does this really well with an great graphic to show the not so obvious careers using skills from study in Chemistry. there are also resources for Chemistry teachers to promote careers using these skills.
- http://www.futuremorph.org/ Career opportunities for Science and Math an easy to use site that helps you to consider the breadth of Career opportunities in STEM
The prospects site can help with a range of ‘where next’ questions: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree